We are excited to have not only a new clothing vendor (Ascend Sportswear) but a new order process, as well.
Special thanks to Andy Abere, who has done a great job identifying and negotiating a great turn-key program for our JSTS Kits. Ascend comes highly recommended from other cycling clubs. Some of our members have had very positive experiences with their products and fulfillment with other organizations.
Below are the instructions on how to order and some pointers on their sizing.
- We now have an online store for purchases of club clothing. This is the link: http://teamstore.ascendsportswear.com/store/jersey-shore-touring-society/
- This will streamline the process of getting club clothing into your hands. All money flows through the website, and not the club, just as if you were ordering online from Amazon.
- The store will be open until 6/2/19. If you want club clothing now, you must order it by that date. We may open the store again over the summer.
- The process is simple: Go to the online store and browse. Pick what items you would like, put it into your cart and when your ready to check out go to your cart. Right now we have jerseys and shorts. We may add vests and jackets over the summer in advance of the fall riding season.
- Our clothing manager has negotiated a great deal where we are getting an upgrade in quality from our vendor's base level to their next level (Elevate) at no extra cost.
- Items will be shipped directly via UPS from our vendor, Ascend, to a delivery address you enter. Items will not be available for pickup at club meetings or rides (or anywhere else, for that matter).
- There is an additional cost to the listed price for an item to cover shipping and handling that will depend on what you order (since items vary in terms of weight).
- Your items will not be sent for production until the store closes. Production may take 4-6 weeks.
- You will note our designs have been refreshed and are different from those of past vendors such as Champion and Voler.
- As for sizing, the Elevate jersey has 2 cuts available for us. The Sport cut (men and women) is a semi-tailored cut, little snugger but not super tight like a Race Cut. The women's Sport cut is a women specific cut, which is an hourglass, that is tailored specifically to a women's body. The Club cut, is a much more relaxed fit. It is a looser, T-Shirt type cut (also men and women).
- You should MEASURE your chest, pick the cut you would like and go off the sizing chart on the store website. If you do not, you risk that the jersey might not fit.
- DO NOT use the sizes from another vendor (such as Champion), either from their sizing charts or physical products, as each vendor sizes their products differently.
- All clothing is custom-made, so there are no refunds or exchanges if you clothing does not fit.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contract our rep at Ascend:
Custom Apparel Specialist
Ascend Sportswear, LLC
Questions can be directed to the club clothing manager, Andy Abere, at firstname.lastname@example.org